The Angel and the Little Book
8 Then the voice which I heard from heaven, I heard again speaking to me, and saying, “Go, take the book (scroll) which is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” 9 So I went up to the angel and told him to give me the little book. And he said to me, “Take it and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.”(H) 10 So I took the little book from the angel’s hand and ate it, and in my mouth it was as sweet as honey; but once I had swallowed it, my stomach was [c]bitter.(I) 11 Then they said to me, “You must prophesy again concerning many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”(J)
- Revelation 10:7 Lit in the days of.
- Revelation 10:7 Lit voice.
- Revelation 10:10 I.e. John was encouraged by the Word of God but was saddened as he realized the approaching judgment on unbelievers.
- Revelation 10:1 : Ex 13:21, 22; Ezek 1:26-28; Dan 7:13; Matt 17:2
- Revelation 10:2 : Ezek 2:9; Hos 11:10
- Revelation 10:3 : Ps 29
- Revelation 10:4 : 2 Cor 12:4
- Revelation 10:5 : Deut 32:40; Dan 12:6, 7
- Revelation 10:6 : Neh 9:6
- Revelation 10:7 : Dan 12:6; Rom 11:25; 1 Cor 15:55; 2 Thess 2:7
- Revelation 10:9 : Ezek 2:8, 9; 3:1-3
- Revelation 10:10 : Ps 119:103; Jer 15; 16
- Revelation 10:11 : Jer 1:10