The Four Chariots
9 The word of the Lord also came to me, saying, 10 “Take an offering from the exiles, from Heldai, from Tobijah, and from Jedaiah [as representatives]; and you go the same day and enter the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah, where they have arrived from Babylon.
The Symbolic Crowns
11 Take silver and gold [from them], and make an ornate crown and set it on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest. 12 Then say to Joshua, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Behold (look, keep in sight, watch), a Man (Messiah) whose name is Branch, for He shall branch out from His place (Israel, the Davidic line); and He shall build the [ultimate] temple of the Lord.(D) 13 Yes, [you are to build a temple of the Lord, but] it is He who shall build the [ultimate] temple of the Lord, and He shall bear the honor and majesty [as the only begotten of the Father] and sit and rule on His throne. And He shall be a [b]Priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between the two offices [Priest and King].”’(E) 14 Now the crown shall become a reminder in the temple of the Lord to Helem, Tobijah, Jedaiah, and Hen the son of Zephaniah.(F) 15 And those who are far away will come and [help] build the temple of the Lord.” Then you shall know [without any doubt] that the Lord of hosts sent me (Zechariah) to you. And it will come about if you will diligently obey the [voice of the] Lord your God.
- Zechariah 6:1 I.e. four angelic spirits appointed by God to dispense His judgment.
- Zechariah 6:13 The Messiah will be both king and priest.
- Zechariah 6:2 : Rev 6:4-6
- Zechariah 6:3 : Rev 6:2, 8
- Zechariah 6:5 : Ps 104:4; Matt 24:31
- Zechariah 6:12 : Is 4:2; Jer 23:5; 33:15; Zech 3:8
- Zechariah 6:13 : John 1:14; 17:5; Heb 2:9
- Zechariah 6:14 : Matt 10:41